As reported on biztimes.com, written by Lauren Anderson
Twelve organizations and individuals have been selected as finalists for the 2019 Milwaukee Awards for Neighborhood Development Innovation (MANDI).
The annual program is a partnership with Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Milwaukee to recognize businesses, nonprofit organizations and individuals involved in improving conditions in Milwaukee’s neighborhoods.
MANDI finalists include:
- Brewers Community Foundation Public Space Award: Browning Elementary/Silver Spring Neighborhood Center Multi-Sport Collaborative Group and Washington Park Neighbors for the Washington Park Concert Series
- BMO Harris Cornerstone Award: CORE El Centro and Running Rebels Community Organization
- Chase Economic Development Award: Blue Skies Landscaping and Rev-Up MKE
- Northern Trust Navigator Award: Carolyn Esswein of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; and Susan Lloyd of Zilber Family Foundation
- Associated Bank Trail Blazer Award: MATC Promise and PeppNation Sports Leadership Camps MKE
- State Farm Building Blocks Award: Turnkey Renovation-Layton Boulevard West Neighbors and Welford Sanders Historic Lofts and Enterprise Center
The finalists were selected from public nominations by a 40-member, independent volunteer committee. They were announced at an event hosted by real estate developer Josh Jeffers of J. Jeffers & Co. at the Grain Exchange.
Click here to read the full article